Tornado Response and Recovery project, 2019 Nepal project is funded by Caritas Nepal from 15th July 2019 to 30th Feb 2021. The project aim to support the Tornado Affected households of Bara district of province 2.
Total 536 people participated in this campaign, Male 240, Female 296 including Dalit 18, Janjati 113, Muslim 16 and OBC 389.
Six-step of hand washing was demonstrated in 3 schools. 160 students, teachers, and members of School management committee practiced and become aware on sanitation and personal hygiene in their life.
• 206 school students received 206 WASH kit, each kit containing one towel, one soap, one bottle of oil, one tooth paste, one tooth cleaner, and one nail cutter
• 156 community people made the commitment and clean their community and school.
• 20 people got training on mobile repairing and they advanced their knowledge and skill on mobile repairing. The best five trainees also get grant support of NPR 20,000.00 each to start mobile repairing shop.
• The beneficiaries have started different types of business/microenterprises like Kirana shop (1), selling fast food in Rikshaw (1), selling dry fish (1), selling cosmetic items (2), selling fast food static place (4) and selling vegetable (1).They have improved their livelihood, secure their income and obtain their financial income NPR 300 to 1000 per day.
• They increased their knowledge and practice on selection of land for vegetable cultivation, nursery preparation, seeding method, seasonal and off-season vegetable production, prevention and control of insects by organic methods as well as marketing their products.
• They received 36 spray tank, fertilizer (DAP 6221 KG, Urea 4116 KG, Potash 1257 KG, Safaya/Fungicide 38 Packets.
• 65 beneficiaries got 1822 cemented tiles and used in house repairing.