Part 1. Initial Social Mobilisation during FS/SIP Preparation
- Information campaigns were undertaken
- Formation of an ad-hoc executive ensuring representation from head, middle, and tail reaches.
- Full list of beneficiaries and their landholding sizes have been collected in coordination with FS/SIP consultants
- The Institutional Development Plan for the WUA has been developed
- During the preparation of the feasibility study, social data collected during PRA has been provided to Consulting Firm.
Part 2, WUA Institutional Development
- Facilitated the task of identifying COs for the WUA and impart training to them in all aspects of their work of facilitating the institutional development of the WUA
- Women had been recruited as COs for 50% of the positions
- With the help of the COs, the WUA was assisted with the development of a draft constitution, by-laws and rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of water reservoir
- Fund established using the initial deposits submitted is enhanced
- Assist the WUA and Consulting Firm finalise the Resettlement Plan
- Monitoring of the CO in facilitating mobilisation of the beneficiaries for carrying out the beneficiaries’ share of the construction works